The Andis Fade Master is an absolutely terrific clipper for barbers or home use. I personally love these for their durability. With a house full of clumsy individuals we've been fortunate in these clippers being very durable.
Our local barber actually recommended these clippers to us initially. Since then we've been using them religiously on our young boys which hate going to the barber. With proper maintenance I can see the Andis Fade Master lasting us a very long time.
- Best for extra-close cutting, fading and tapering; Material - Carbon steel
- Powerful magnetic motor generates 14,000 cutting strokes per minute
- Blade is adjustable from 00000 to 000 and can be zero-gapped - perfect for fades
- Convenient thumb-controlled side switch for one-hand on/off operations
- Unbreakable, lightweight aluminum housing for years of dependable styling
Think About This Before Buying Hair Clippers
Owning your own hair clippers is a pretty sweet thing. If you're brave enough to have your hair cut at home, have a hair stylist in the family, or just want to buzz cut the kids having your own clippers is the way to go.
You can save a lot of money by learning to cut your own hair. You might not be able to do the latest trends, but you'll definitely be able to put that money somewhere else. Either way before you make your purchase take these aspects into consideration about your future hair clippers.
Quality - To me the quality of the clippers is one of the most important aspects. There's no reason in spending money on something that's not going to last you very long. With a quality made product you're more likely to get your money's worth.
I'm sure you've heard of the phrase "you get what you pay for". I find this especially true for hair clippers. In my experience they're all get what you pay for. I find the Andis Fade Master to be somewhere in the mid-high level of quality. It's a good balance of quality & price.
Features - You may consider some features a deal breaker for hair clippers. The main feature a lot of people look into is a wired or wireless variation. The Andis Fade Master is a corded hair clipper. I personally like the corded clippers because I don't have to worry about charging them nor worry about the battery getting weaker over time.
Pricing - Like I mentioned earlier when it comes to pricing and hair clippers there's a lot of, "you get what you pay for". I think that's a wonderful thing because you can more easily judge the quality of what you're potentially going to buy.
Introducing the Andis Fade Master
These Andis hair clippers are highly recommended for at home or barber use. These clippers make for a great side tool at the barber shop and if you're getting more experienced cutting hair at home this is also a great pick up. Remember these clippers excel in FADING hair and should be used for such.
You won't get a lot of fancy extras in this package though. The package comes with the hair clippers only. Which goes to show the price to quality of this product is all in the clippers. You don't have length guards etc.. included in the total price.
Don't think of not getting the length guards as a negative of this product. When a package comes with them you're not getting them for free. Think as if those items you're paying for subtracts from the extra quality of the hair clippers.
Traits of these Hair Clippers
I'm going to break down some of the key features of the Andis Fade Master so you'll have detailed knowledge in what you're getting. It's important to know if these features are important to you or maybe something you can find in another pair of clippers.
The magnetic motor in the Andis Fade Master provides consistent power through your hair cutting session. The great thing about these magnetic motors is that they operate at a very high speed that pretty much guarantees a smooth cut and no pulling.
The whole motor has fewer moving parts so it's less likely to malfunction. These motors are known for lasting a long time and running without issue.
Aluminum housing isn't something you would really think about when looking for some hair clippers. Either way it is a bonus feature that's nice to have. It's no way required to give a better cut, but if you're a little clumsy you might get some benefit from this.
The housing is very durable and isn't going to break from being dropped. They claim it's indestructible but that's taking marketing a little extreme in my opinion. I prefer to be more honest and honestly it is a very durable housing for hair clippers.
There's some features that stand out among the rest. These are what's unique to these clippers and make them great hair clippers.
- Perfect for tapering.
- Convenient thumb-controlled side switch.
- Designed for heavy-duty hair cutting.
- High-speed motor.
- Equipped with new Fade Blade.
What are Others Saying?
We've searched all over the internet for real customer reviews to see what they say. There's an overall positive tone about the Andis Fade Master and the negative reviews don't line up on one particular issue. That's typically a good sign as there's no major fault in the clippers several people experience.
Alternatives to the Andis Fade Master
Wahl Professional 5 Star Magic Clip
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional's commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Magic Clip is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that...
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: The Magic Clip is the ultimate corded clipper. It features high precision zero-overlap blades for superior speed and ease, a cool-running V9000 motor that offers 50% more power...
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Magic Clip comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (8) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions,...
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The 5-Star Magic Clip (#8451) measures 6.5" long and weighs 1 lb. This product features an 8-foot, professional grade, chemical resistant cord and features a #2191 blade, V9000...
- PLEASE NOTE: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer's warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers.
The Wahl Magic Clip is a great alternative to the Andis Fade Master. These clippers are superior for home use and comes with all the length guards you'll need to cut hair at home.
The Andis Fade Master can be used at home, but is better suited in a professional barber setting. These Wahl clippers are very highly rated and preferred among the "cut your own hair" crowd.
They're corded & high quality. With overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon. We personally rate these clippers a 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Remington PG6025 All in One
- 14 Settings for All Your Grooming Needs Full Size Trimmer; Nose, Ear, & Detail Trimmer; Detail Shaver; 8 Length Hair Clipper Comb; 3 Snap On Beard and Stubble Combs
- Self Sharpening, Surgical Steel Blades for Long Lasting Precision and Durability
- Cordless Lithium Power Up To 70 Minutes of Runtime
- Washable Attachments Just rinse under the faucet to
- Storage Pouch Included Great for travel
The Remington PG6025 All in One clippers are your budget alternative to the Andis Fade Master. While these clippers are in no way similar to the fade master they're an incredible pair of hair clippers at a super affordable price.
You'll get length attachments and even a foil shaver & nose hair trimmer attachments with these clippers. They are however made of cheaper plastic, but do provide a good cut.
At their price range I don't think you could expect much else for what you get. This package is a great value package. Customers are very happy with this product and we rate these clippers a 4 out of 5 stars.
Oster Classic 76 Universal Clipper
- Powerful, single speed universal motor for heavy-duty use
- Detachable blades - sizes 000 and 1
- Includes blade guard, lubricating oil, clipper grease and cleaning brush
- Ultra-durable, break-resistant housing
- 9 foot power cord; Designed with ultra-durable, break-resistant housing
I love the Oster Classic 76 Universal hair clippers! These clippers might not look modern and fancy but they're an absolute beast. If you're someone who really wants the best in all aspects of your purchase you need to get the Oster.
It has a very basic tube design but the overall quality of these clippers are some of the best you'll see in this market. They've been around for a long time and Oster is known for their great customer service and products.
The downside is you won't get any length guards included with this purchase. It's a pricier option that you'll find costing more than the Andis Fade Master usually unless you find a great sale going on. We rate Oster a 4.7 out of 5 stars.
The Ending Details
I hope you enjoyed our Andis Fade Master review and can now make a good decision about purchasing these hair clippers. They're mainly ideal for someone with a little experience cutting hair, but not limited to that. The home hairstylist can benefit from these clippers.
If you have experience with these hair clippers please leave a comment and let us know what you think of them. We love hearing from more and more people with real personal experience handling the hair clippers we're reviewing.