The importance of your appearance is all about your own self-awareness of how you look and even more importantly, how you want to look. Eyebrows can be the forgotten item in many men’s grooming repertoire. An expert eyebrow trimmer every now and then can work miracles. Let’s take a look.
We’ll move forward under the assumption that your eyebrows need some tender, loving care. If you’re into manscaping, you probably manage all your body hair in some fashion or another. The eyebrows are just as important.
Typical Questions Asked and Answered
Some questions always come up when talking about trimmers of this type.
- What is the battery life of the trimmer?
- How long will they last before the blades wear out?
- Where are they made?
- How reliable are they?
- Is it worthwhile to have one repaired or just buy a new one?
- Is buying a more expensive device a good investment?
- Do you need to use a comb when trimming your eyebrows?
We will answer most of these questions for each of the five trimmers on our list of the best ones on the market.
Why Your Eyebrows are Important
What you may not realize is that your eyebrows are one of the first things someone will notice about you. Think about it, when you walk up to someone we often look them in the eye. Our mind pays attention to the brow without you having to think anything about it.
The eyebrows create an emotional feeling and signal that emotion on your face. Without intentionally looking you'll know how that person is feeling or pick up on their mood. There's a whole section on this topic right here.
With that in mind, it's easy to determine why maintaining your eyebrows are important. Allowing them to become too bushy for example might portray you in a different light or make you look more intimidating when you don't mean to.
Not to forget that managing your eyebrows says a lot about your personal hygiene and your attention to detail.
Detailed Eyebrow Trimmer Review
Before we get into the details of the top 5 eyebrow trimmers, let’s talk a little bit about the technique and process of trimming eyebrows. You need to make an informed decision, and that can only be done if you have the knowledge to do that.
The video shows you how to measure and shape the eyebrows using a pair of tweezers. It’s a good tutorial to figure out what you want to do with the trimmer once you buy it. The trimmer heads on the battery powered trimmers are small enough and precise enough to get the same results.
Eyebrow trimmers usually come as a packaged deal with devices that also trim nose and ear hair. The various attachments handle the different areas in a safe and comfortable way. Here are five that can make a big difference in making the eyebrows look neat and well-groomed.
Philips Norelco 5100 Eyebrow & Nose Trimmer
- Easily and comfortably trim unwanted nose, ear, eyebrow, neck, sideburns, stubble and beard hair
- With Dual Cut technology, twice sharpened for sharper blades and perfect edging. Cutter width nose trimmer - 13/16 Inches. Cutter width detail trimmer - 13/16 Inches. 1 beard comb - 1/8 Inches ....
- Skin-friendly Detail trimmer and comb have rounded tips to comfortably trim your neck, sideburns, stubble and beard
- The trimmer is water-resistant for easy cleaning. For long lasting performance, simply wash the trimmer under the sink after use
- The built-in ProtecTube technology prevents pulls, nicks, and cuts as you trim
The device is powered by one AA battery and is not rechargeable. There are 3 attachments and 2 eyebrow combs with the trimmer that act as a protective shield to make sure you only trim the eyebrow and don’t totally remove it.
The blades are protected by a guard to ensure it never touches the skin. They are very sharp to ensure the hair is cut cleanly and not pulled out of the follicle. The machine is also watertight and can be rinsed without fear of doing any damage to it. The storage bag provided keeps the trimmer clean between uses.
As trimmers of this sort go, the cost is mid-range, but customer reviews indicate the motor is strong and spins at high speed to make the cuts clean and comfortable. The two different sized combs give you an option as to how long you want your eyebrows to be.
- Twice sharpened blades for a perfect edging.
- Rounded tips for a comfortable trim.
- Prevents pulls, nicks, and cuts as you trim.
Wahl Ear, Nose, & Eyebrow Trimmer
- Multi-Purpose - Detail head is great for necklines, sideburns, eyebrows, & ear trimming, reciprocating head is great for detailing, edging, ears, & eyebrows, & rotary head is best for hygienic nose &...
- Wet/Dry Use - Use in the shower, home, bathroom, or during travel; multi-scene trimmer is wet/dry, compact, & portable; Wahl ear, nose, & brow is waterproof is lightweight & allows for easy cleaning...
- Hygienic Grooming - With easily detachable heads, hygienic grooming is easier than ever with one head for your nose & another for everything else; rotary ear & nose trimmer head provides a hygienic...
- A Smooth Cut Every Time - Wahl clippers & trimmers are available in a variety of styles to meet your home hair cutting needs. From Lithium Ion cordless & rechargeable clippers to heavy-duty corded...
- The Brand Used by Professionals - Wahl clippers and trimmers have been used by professionals in the salon & barber industry since 1919. With self-sharpening precision blades & quality construction,...
This trimmer is compact and lightweight and has sanitized steel blades. The eyebrow guide is a comb attachment that cuts the eyebrow to one uniform length. It can be used in both a wet and dry environment and comes with a 3-year warranty.
The simplicity to operate and use the trimmer is a point in its favor. Attachments slide on and off with ease. One point not in its favor is that there is only one eyebrow comb. If you don’t like the length of the cut, you have a problem. It is powered by AA batteries which give it the power needed to do a clean cut.
- Compact & Lightweight.
- Hygienic Steel Blades.
- Wet or Dry use in the shower.
- Includes 3yr warranty.
Remington Ear, Nose, & Eyebrow Trimmer
- Wash out system flushes hair out of blades from the inside out
- Rayovac battery included
- 2 trimming heads comfortably remove unwanted nose, ear, and eyebrow hair
- Eyebrow comb evenly trims and maintains eyebrow hair
- Wet/dry use is convenient use in or out of the shower
This trimmer can also be used in a wet or dry environment so taking it to the shower with you is an option. The cost of this unit is well below the cost of the others we have talked about so far. That makes it a bargain buy.
There is only one eyebrow comb so the length is a WYSIWYG affair. The unit is powered by AA batteries which give it a good power rating. However, the trimmer has some challenges with the nose and ear parts of the operation, and as such only gets 3.4 out of 5-stars but keep in mind the price is significantly lower.
The other knock on the product is that it doesn’t hold up well in use and may need to be replaced sooner than the others we’ve reviewed so far.
- Wet & Dry Functionality.
- Comfort-trim technology.
- Rotary attachment.
- Budget level pricing.
Philips Norelco 3100 Eyebrow & Nose Trimmer
- ProtecTube technology preventing pulls, nicks, and cuts
- Ideally angled to easy reach inside nose and ears
- With eyebrow comb to trim nose, ears, and eyebrow hair
- Fully washable
- AA battery included
This is another cost-efficient model that comes in a small but sturdy shell. The general comments attached to this device is that it’s solid well-made. There is one eyebrow comb but for the price, that’s expected. It can be used as both a wet and dry trimmer and runs on a single AA battery.
From the eyebrow cutting point of view, it works just as well on the fine hairs underneath the main eyebrow hair and between the eyebrows so you get a clean separation of one eyebrow from the other and good definition from eyelid to the eyebrow.
For a trimmer that lists for under $10, it has value in its reliability over an extended period of time.
- Fully washable.
- Angled for ideal nose & ear shaving.
- Prevents pulls, nicks, and cuts as you trim.
Personna Eyebrow Shaper
- NEW 6 Package Value Bundle (18 Total)
- Easy. Fast. Non-messy. Convenient.
- No More Painful Plucking
- Unique System of Wire-Wrapped Blades
- Works well on other Delicate Areas * 6 Count of Individually Wrapped 3pc Sets
Although it appears easier, using a manual eyebrow shaper may not be your first choice as a novice. While it doesn’t come with a manual, we recommend watching a few video tutorials to to understand exactly how this works.
The blade combs through your hair and cuts it using tiny wire-wrapped blades. Although small, it is extremely precise, which means mistakes are not easily forgiven.
On the other hand, it is very convenient because it iss manual and does not require any electricity or batteries. It can shear hair beneath, above, and between the eyebrows for a very close, clean-cut look. It also works in other sensitive areas including upper lip, neck, and even your bikini area.
But the best part of all is its cost and disposability. You can achieve perfect brows without breaking the bank...and toss them after a few uses without heartache!
- Very Affordable
- No electricity needed
- Works on several areas of the body
- Very travel worthy due to small size and weight
The clear winner of these five entries is the Philips Norelco Trimmer 5100 for Ear, Nose, and Eyebrow. Based on cost, features, and performance, it is the best buy for the money. What are the differentiators?
- Cost is in the middle of the pack so there’s value for the money.
- The trimmer comes with two eyebrow combs in the package providing options for the length of the eyebrows.
- The product reviews from verified buyers of the product give it 4 stars out of 5 based on a large sample size of users.
- It comes with a storage bag that adds to the value of the package because the cutting heads are protected from dust and dirt while not in use. If the trimmer were cleaned properly after use, the storage bag would extend the operational reliability of the device for many years to come.
We listed 7 frequently asked questions earlier in this post. This tool has a positive response to each of the seven points.
Don't forget to let us know your own personal experiences and recommendations. We might like it enough to update our list. Thanks!