A black straight razor is a matter of style. There's something elegant about how the black straight razor looks and it's very appealing to the eye. It looks very sleek and masculine and we've found a great one you'll like.
We're going to show you our favorite black straight razor and cover the dirty details. If you're a fan of straight razors then you must have a black one!
The Best Black Straight Razor
- DURABLE, LONG LASTING AWESOME CONSTRUCTION - Feel the difference of the Genuine Stainless Steel blade honed to perfection. Featuring a matte black stainless steel handle affixed with machine screws...
- EXQUISITE QUALITY WORKMANSHIP - This is a Classic Men's Straight Razor with Modern Appeal. It ain't your grandaddy's shavette, it's BETTER. This PROFESSIONAL Grade men's razor is the perfect men's...
- GET THE BEST SHAVE OF YOUR LIFE - Learn the art of shaving with a quality straight edge razor. It's not easy but it's worth it. With a 4" stainless steel blade you get plenty of coverage with which to...
- THE ONLY BLACK ON BLACK Tactical Cutthroat Razor Available! The blade folds neatly into the handle for easy convenient storage. PLUS - This razor is delivered in a Quality Collectible Leather Carry...
- WE HAVE TAKEN A VINTAGE CLASSIC and made it Unique, Classy, Sexy and Cool. This is a Genuine Velvet Forge Product! Velvet Forge Razors Have Set the Bar for Quality! We Will Stand by this with our 100%...
This black straight razor is from Velvet Forge. It's made with high quality stainless steel that will never rust. It displays exquisite quality workmanship that's great for the barber shop or a home shave. Complete with a storage sleeve you'll be ready to shave in complete style.
How it Feels
This straight razor feels a little lighter than others. I believe it's due to the blade container being hollow and made with less material. The blade itself feels very nice and the rest joint makes it very well balanced.
It doesn't feel cheap and the case is a nice addition. The case comes with reinforced metal edging and it's a complete containment case.
How it Shaves
Everyone that uses this black straight razor love the shave. It delivers a very smooth shave that you can get away with in 2 passes. It being a straight razor still means you'll need to be experienced with them.
If this is going to be your first straight razor it'll make a good option, but take your time to learn the art. Straight razor shaving can take a little while to get use to.
At the affordable price of this black straight razor you're getting an amazing value. Velvet Forge also offers a lifetime blade sharpening service if you want to use it. Although it's best to learn to hone and sharpen your own blade with a strop eventually.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy this razor. If taken care of you'll get many years of use out of it.
Why a Black Razor?
The only reason to go for a black straight razor is because you like the style. The same reason someone might choose any other straight razor really. There's nothing wrong with that, but make sure certain quality standards are there like in the Velvet Forge straight razor above.
You're not going to get a different shave or something crazy. It boils down to your personal preference. Although the black straight razor looks more modern and better looking on the bathroom sink. It's all really just personal preference.
Before You Go!
Hopefully you enjoyed the short and sweet article. A black straight razor is just a matter of preference and in my opinion they look great. Let us know what you think of the straight razor we featured by leaving a comment below. Thanks for reading!