Our Braun Silk Epil 9 review shows you that this Braun epilator isn't only for women. There's a few extra steps men need to take to make an epilator experience pain free and effective, but I've got you covered on those tips. You won't be pulling your hair out stressing over it. You'll only be pulling them out with this epilator.
- The 40% wider epilation head removes more hair in one stroke* for up to 4 weeks of smooth skin. *vs other Braun epilators
- Braun's most innovative MicroGrip tweezer technology with wider, longer and deeper tweezers removes, with precision, hair 4X shorter than wax does
- Wet and Dry usage in the bath or shower for a more comfortable epilation. Virtually painless with regular use. Long-lasting battery
- Comes with 7 extras including a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a high frequency massage cap, a skin contact cap, a charging stand for an always charged device and a BONUS facial brush
- BONUS Braun facial brush removes makeup and pore-deep impurities - 6X better than manual cleansing - in addition to refining and exfoliating skin with micro-oscillations. 100% waterproof for...
Can Men Use Epilators?
The quick answer is yes of course they can! However there's a bit of difference in the entire process for men. Mainly a little more prep work to make sure we get a more enjoyable experience.
More men could benefit from using epilators and more men should begin to use them. If you don't like leg hair, which is the main area to use an epilator, then why not use one? Our Braun Silk Epil 9 review discovers the fact that epilators get body hair lower than you would with waxing.
Men, you can use an epilator on more than your legs. They're great for anywhere you don't want body hair, making them a great manscaping tool. If you can get over the hair pulling this method, in my opinion, is more convenient than waxing. Plus we're going to help you relieve the discomfort involved.
Tips for a Better Epilator Experience
Before you jump right into using your brand new Braun Silk Epil 9 here's a couple tips to make sure you have a better experience. Most of these tips are for the men, but there's a couple tricks you women might can pick up on as well.
- Shave the area you're going to use an epilator on with an electric shaver the night before. You don't want to use an epilator on long hairs. I find one night of growth to be the right amount for me, but read the Braun Silk Epil 9 instructions to see what length is recommended.
- Take a nice hot shower before using your epilator. This is a bigger factor than some give it credit for and it'll reduce your level of discomfort dramatically.
- Even if your epilator is a wet or dry use device, go ahead and dry your body before using it. They tend to not perform as well on wet skin.
- Apply Talc or Baby Powder to make the hairs stand up and make it easier for the epilator to grab them.
- Going at a slow smooth pace is the best performance you can get with this device. If you must speed up due to discomfort it won't be as effective, but you can always make a second pass.
- If you don't want your red skin to be seen after finishing up try doing this whole process before going to bed. The redness will be gone by morning.
Consider This Before Buying an Epilator
Here's what you should consider before buying the Braun Silk Epil 9. An epilator is ideal for someone who doesn't want to wax at all and wants to shave less frequently.
Compared to shaving this method instead removes the hair from the root. Your hair will not be an issue for a much longer period of time. Most people see a x3 improvement over shaving.
Compared to waxing this method doesn't require you to let your hairs grow out a little before removing them again. You can use the epilator as soon as you notice any hairs coming back. If you stay on top of it the entire process really becomes very minimal in discomfort. You also don't have to worry about the chemicals from waxing.
If the thought of waxing doesn't appeal to you and you want a longer lasting solution, that you can control, compared to shaving then the epilator is a great option for you.
The first couple of uses are the most uncomfortable. You're not quite sure what to expect and your skin isn't likely prepared for the tweezing. However, after time and staying on top of your body hair the epilator becomes much more convenient with less discomfort.
- Need an epilator for facial hair?
The Braun Silk Epil 9
This Braun Epilator is one of their best sellers and is pretty highly recommended among consumers that already own the device. During our review we found this to be the best epilator on the market.
It comes in white/purple with several different attachments. These attachments cover the tweezing area to change the exposed part of the device. This gives you the ability to use the epilator in spots where you don't need to cover a wide area.
You'll also get a bonus scrubbing brush that'll help clean the surface area before beginning your grooming process. Other standard items in the package include a charging stand, brush, and carrying pouch.
Features & Benefits
Probably one of the biggest benefits of this device is it's ability to be less painful than other epilators. While you're always going to have some level of discomfort since you are tweezing hairs out of your body after all. This device is more efficient without adding extra discomfort.
We're far from the type to give the Braun Silk Epil 9 review all positive remarks without looking into the con's of the device. We want you to have a complete understanding of this item before buying it and we're not unbiased in our descriptions. That being said here's some of the con's of this device.
Con's: Our pain level is a comparison of this epilators compared to other ones. There is definitely some pain involved with tweezing hairs. You'll still have some of that with this device. This device markets itself as wet & dry use, but is less effective used wet.
40% Wider Head
With a nearly double as wide tweezing area you'll cover ground much faster. Who doesn't want to have to take less passes to get the job done? That's what we love about Braun Silk Epil 9. It gets the job done much quicker.
With a smaller head you have to take twice the amount of passes to achieve the same results. I don't know of anyone who would argue towards taking longer on anything to get the same result.
Available Wet or Dry
While this epilator is capable of operating while wet or dry that doesn't mean you should use it wet. You're able to use it in the bath or shower for a more comfortable epilation.
The main plus side of using an epilator in the bath is if you're brand new to the experience. This method, while less effective, will ease you into how it actually feels and you'll still see results.
Either way the more you use the device the epilation process becomes virtually pain free.
The pulsation or vibration effect from the device helps soothe the skin and does a decent job of making it less discomforting. I like this feature and think it's more well deserved here than on normal razors as we've become accustomed to seeing.
It doesn't completely null the feeling of hairs being pulled from you it does an alright job.
The pivoting head helps the epilator stay close to your skin. Keeping the epilator close to your skin is important to make sure it grabs the hairs closer to their base.
If you've never used one before just keep it pressed to the skin, but don't apply additional pressure. Keep it in contact with the skin and the epilator will do its job. Additional pressure might cause you some discomfort.
This is the one feature I'm not to sure about. Braun claims the smart light helps to find the finest hairs for extra-thorough hair removal. I don't know if the light is really a necessary feature on this device.
Either way it's included so you might as well give it a shot. I just don't like unnecessary features because they can drain the battery of a device even if they're not turned on.
Braun Silk Epil 9 Review from Customers
Where better to get an honest opinion of a product than from someone who's already purchased it, used it, and has nothing to gain by leaving feedback? That's why we love honest reviews from the consumer.
Alternative Options for This Epilator
Emjoi AP-18 Dual Head
- 72 tweezers
- Cord/cordless - This item is corded only
- Patented glide technology
- Ergonomically designed
- Dual speed control, is also cordless and rechargeable - This item is corded and NOT rechargeable.
The Emjoi AP-18 is a little cheaper than our main recommendation and its main feature is the dual tweezer head. This dual head should result in a quicker overall process and reduce the need to go back over the same spots.
This epilator is not wireless like the Braun Silk Epil 9 which is a turn off personally. This prevents it from being a wet use epilator, but you'll also never have to charge it or worry about it running out of battery life.
It's an ideal option for the more experiences users that may be looking for a quicker dry epilation process that won't require a second or third pass over the same spot.
Braun Silk Epil 5
- Non-stop power epilator for non-stop smooth skin. Power source: Corded(12V adapter)
- 40 Close-Grip tweezers remove even the shortest hairs for up to 4 weeks of smooth skin
- Massage rollers and a cooling glove help make epilation more comfortable. Virtually painless hair removal with regular use.
- Extras: shaver head and trimmer cap for depilation, efficiency cap,and a cooling glove
- The device is fully washable under running water for better hygiene. Ergonomic angle - enables convenient use on legs and body
The Braun Silk Epil 5 is the little brother of our main recommendation. You're going to miss out on the wider head, additional attachments, and the better epilation experience with this device.
However if you're on a budget and rather forgo the top-notch device this one will save you some money. You can find it around half the price at major retailers. That's quite an advantage if you're also new to this entire side of grooming.
Another upside is it's a Braun epilator so you know that this products overall quality is up to standard. Braun is known for being the a king in the epilator field.
Codream 4-in-1 Epilator
- SAFE & EASY TO USE: This electric epilator is approved by CE international safety standards and will be safe during your taking care on your face or body. 2 level rolling speeds for your choice as a...
- RECHARGEABLE & CORDLESS: Rechargeable ensure you always use the device at optimal power. All in one set. Save a lot of money from purchasing batteries and no need to buy separate solutions to your...
- the steps on how to use the codream epilator to get the expected result. Firstly: Better to use the epilator after shower or bath, make sure the skin is dry , then some tiny hair can be stand up...
- GET ATTRACTIVE, SEXY AND SMOOTH SKIN FROM HEAD-TO-TOE: Exfoliates dead, hard dry skin on feet; Removes undesired hair on legs or arms, Unwanted ugly hair on other sensitive areas. 4-in-1 attachments...
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER -- Buy 2 & SAVE 15% enter code 4HKKOCJE at checkout.90 DAYS Money Back Guarantee! Try it risk-free at this reduced price and take advantage of this limited time offer! Click on the ADD...
The Codream 4-in-1 is much more than an epilator. It comes with several attachments with different functions.
The attachments include a roller for removing dead skin, dual trimmers for quick and easy shaving, shaping clipper head for long & soft hairs, and the curved epilation head for smooth silky skin.
This is a perfect barrier to entry for your epilation experience. If you discover that epilation just isn't for you then you're still left with a handy device capable of many other things. Plus it's very affordable!
Do You Think Epilation is For You?
There you have it! Our Braun Silk Epil 9 review in all its glory. Hopefully we not only did a great job informing you of the details on this device, but were able to help you learn more about the epilation process.
Don't forget to do the tips we shared with you to have an enjoyable epilation experience. Its honestly not so bad and the videos you see on YouTube make it out to be worse than it is. They're not following our tips!
Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts on epilation.