We decided to make a Oster Classic 76 review because we were a little tired of being let down in the quality of other electric shavers. When we first came across the Oster Classic 76 we were immediately blown away. I think I can attest to not judging a book by its cover after reviewing these clippers.
The Oster brand has been around for a long time. They've been making great hair equipment for over 100 years so you might can imagine the level of knowledge that comes with that kind of dedication.
- Powerful, single speed universal motor for heavy-duty use
- Detachable blades - sizes 000 and 1
- Includes blade guard, lubricating oil, clipper grease and cleaning brush
- Ultra-durable, break-resistant housing
- 9 foot power cord; Designed with ultra-durable, break-resistant housing
When Quality Counts for Hair Clippers
We're so use to buying cheaply made hair clippers in today's market that we're almost blind to the other options out there. How many times have you purchased a pair of hair clippers only to see issues happening within the same year? If you're buying the cheap $20 - $50 pairs I bet it's very likely.
You then have to replace those cheap clippers and it ends up costing you more money. How many times do you really want to repeat that process? If you're like me you don't want to repeat it at all.
That's where hair clippers like the Oster Classic 76 step in and shine. These clippers aren't going to break down in the first 12 months. In fact they're going to last you a lot longer than that. If these clippers are taken care of properly they'll last you many years to come.
You're literally going to have money by going with a high quality pair of hair clippers in the long run. Spending one Benjamin Franklin on these hair clippers is going to save you so much headache in the future. It's the smart decision and you won't regret going with the Oster brand.
The Oster Classic 76 Review
Welcome to the face of high quality hair clippers. The Oster Classic 76 is exactly the clippers you've been looking for if you're searching for quality.
These clippers come only in red with 2 different detachable blades. You'll get sizes 000 and 1 with the box. You'll also get a blade guard, lubricating oil, clipper grease, and a cleaning brush.
You won't get the many different hair length guards like you see in other hair clipper kits. You'll need to purchase those lengths separately but they can be found relatively cheaply.
The length guards we linked to come with 10 different lengths and cover everything you would need. I would pick up the Oster clippers and the Comb Set together.
Features of the Oster Classic 76
There's many pluses to these hair clippers, but there some worth mentioning. You don't have to be a professional to use these hair clippers. They're actually well versed for the professional or the cut your own hair at home individual.
It has a single speed motor that you won't have to worry about ever adjusting. It'll cut through any hair like butter without snagging. The motor is very strong and can operate for long periods of time without weakening or getting overly hot.
The power behind this motor makes professionals absolutely love it! They don't have to worry about allowing it to rest after a cutting session but rather can cut multiple heads back to back before resting. Which is also a bonus for the mom with 5 different kids at home!
Another big bonus, at least for me, is how quiet the motor is. It's one of the quietest motors I've ever used in hair clippers like these. Great job Oster!
- Check out the Andis BGRC for a professional shaver alternative.
Now this is quality! Here's a Oster Classic 76 review video of a pair that's 20 years old:
What Are Others Saying?
It's always good to know what other customers are saying after using their Oster Classic 76 for a while. These people have nothing to lose by giving their honest opinion. That's why I really love seeing what they have to say.
These kind of positive reviews were pretty much all we came across. We've searched forums and other retailers for honest reviews and everyone just really seems to love these clippers. The very few negative reviews we found sounded like user error more than anything. Unfortunately user error is just apart of any item.
Alternatives to the Oster Classic 76
Wahl Professional 5 Star Clippers
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional's commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp...
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: The Magic Clip is the ultimate cordless clipper. It features high precision zero-overlap 2161 blades that offer superior speed and ease of use, a convenient taper lever for...
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Cordless Magic Clip comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (8) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush,...
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip (#8148) measures 6.25" long and weighs 10 oz. Power Frequency : 120 Volt - 60 Hertz
- PLEASE NOTE: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer's warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers. For sale and use in the U.S.A. only.
The Wahl Professional 5 Star clippers are closer to your basic hair trimmers that you may be used to. These come with the hair guards for different lengths and are still a high quality pair of clippers.
If you're familiar with Wahl you know they offer a wide range of quality in hair clippers. You can get something amazing and something you'll need to replace within 3 months.
With the 5 Star Professional pair of hair clippers you're getting a pair of clippers on the higher end of what Wahl offers. These clippers are corded like the Oster pair, but are detachable for easy storage. You'll save a couple bucks going with this pair Vs the Oster as well.
Andis Barber Combo Clippers & T Blade
- The Andis Barber Combo Kit is the perfect haircutting kit for the perfectly groomed man
- Extremely close cutting perfect for all around styling-shaving
- Professional, high speed magnetic motors; whisper quiet and cool running operation
- With BeauWis Blade Brush Included
- Ten Sizes clipper attachment combs: 1 (1/16") 1.5mm, 2 (1/4") 6mm, 3 (3/8") 10mm, 4 (1/2") 13mm, 6 (3/4") 19mm, 8 (1") 25mm Four trimmer attachment combs: 0 (1/16") 1.5mm, 1 (1/8") 3mm, 2 (1/4") 6mm,...
If you're maybe someone starting of the in barber business you might like the value this package offers. You're getting a quality pair of Andis hair clippers combined with an Andis T-Outliner T-Blade trimmer.
Each of these hair clippers also comes with several length guards to assist you in your efforts. It's a little cheaper than buying the Oster Classic 76 by itself.
I only recommend this set for someone going into the profession of cutting hair. If you're already a professional barber then you already know what you need and most likely are here for the Oster. If you're a cut hair at home person then Oster is your best option.
Remington Cordless Vacuum Kit
- Cutting length: 9 fixed combs (1.5-25mm)
- Titanium-Coated Blades - The expertly ground blade edges provide the ultimate haircut experience as they cut through even the thickest hair with ease
- 18-Piece Kit - The all-inclusive kit has everything you need for a proper haircut: length-adjusting and tapering combs, barber scissors, blade oil, and more
- Lithium Power - The advanced chemistry of lithium power provides up to 60 minutes of runtime after a 4-hour charge. The clipper operates cordless or corded, XXL Vacuum Bin - The powerful vacuum...
- Easy to Clean - Use the included brush to clear away hair, then rinse the blades under running water for quick cleanup, Storage Pouch - Keep the kit in one place with a convenient zip-up storage pouch
These are your modern hair clippers. Remington has made a vacuum hair clipper kit and its actually pretty great. The problem of having hair everywhere after finish a cut is the most annoying part of cutting hair.
These hair clippers are here to solve that issue. They do a pretty good job of it too. While it's not a perfect system it does make the end result a lot better.
I recommend this pair for the person who wants to cut hair at home and doesn't want to fork out the more expensive price for the Oster Classic 76. This is a mid-range pair of hair clippers that also comes with all the guards you'll need. Just an overall great pair of hair clippers with a very convenient hair vacuum.
Wrapping it Up
I hope you enjoyed our Oster Classic 76 review. We really love these hair clippers and I know you would too. The video of the guy that still has his pair of Oster clippers after 20 years is a true testament of high quality hair clippers.
If you own a pair of these hair clippers please let us know what you love or hate about them. Leave us a comment below and we look forward to hearing from you.